Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Arthur note

Just a little something about arthur and how I knew Arthur...
 
Arthur was one of 3 LARD babies of the 90's. Karen and I were the other two. Because of the age gap between us and the rest of the team, I immediately identified myself with both Arthur and Karen. I'd see them every Sunday morning. Kenny was the designated bus driver for those who couldn't drive (thanks Kenny). Practice was always a good time. After practice was food time. This is where Arthur really made his presence felt.
 
On there surface, one would say that Arthur was a quiet guy. He was always willing to share a laugh and lend a helping hand. But if anyone knew Arthur, they knew he could eat. My fondest memory of Arthur is of a post practice lunch at Claim Jumper when we both tried our hands at finishing the Motherlode Sandwich. I ate myself silly that day. We weren't even competing. But judging by the pain in my belly, and regardless of who ate more, Arthur still won.
 
Ever since the team's humble beginnings, I've thought of LARD as my extended family. Consequently, Karen and Arthur would be my extended siblings. I'd joke to Megan and tell her that I'm her older brother that she never knew about so she'd better listen to me. I've known Arthur for a good decade. I will always appreciate his friendship. He will be dearly missed.
 
Will Lin

No comments: